Earning an online criminal justice degree opens door to a wide avenue of opportunities. You can work as a sophisticated customs officer or in federal courts. You can work as a leading lawyer to support the criminal convicts and reduce the intensity/severity of punishments lashed out at them by courts. It can ruin their life once and forever. You appeal to the courts to lessen the degree of punishment on your potential client. This way, you are able to protect the integrity and support the humanitarian rights of clients who approach your door step.
The other areas where you fit in include that of police officer, paralegals, probation officer, court clerk, private investigator, sheriff or a criminologist. Agencies which invite you to join a part of their firm include CIA, FBI, Secret Service, Homeland Security, Border Patrol, Immigration, Customs Enforcement, Coast Guard and US Marshalls.
You can select a suitable course from the multitude of online criminal justice degree programs available.
An overview of programs available
You can choose a suitable online criminal justice degree program from the list of programs available.
- If you want to specialize in the field of Criminal law, you can aptly go in for a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice. Else you can go in for a complete comprehensive and integrated program on criminal law in the form of an Associate Fellowship program.
- If Forensic Management or Crime Investigation is your cup of tea, then you can refer few online educational institutions which provide you with a Bachelor’s Degree on Forensic Management. You can also get into a secret detective agency, helping the Govt in catching hold of cold blooded criminals.
- If you are working to support or defend cases of juvenile convicts, you can opt for a Bachelor’s degree in Juvenile Justice.
- If you want to serve the Govt. in its political divisions and want to aid the US govt. to prevent adverse cases on terrorism, you can go in for a Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science and a degree on Criminal Justice.
These are some of the major online criminal justice degrees available for you to choose from.
Affording an Education in Criminal Justice Degree Online
If you cannot afford to pay a hefty sum towards taking up a criminal justice degree programs through the on campus mode, you can opt to persuade the same degree online. But the fact is there is not much of a difference in the tuition fees you need to remit for persuading education through the campus or online. In this case, you can opt for a grant from the Govt. If you are good at sports, you can avail of a Sports quota.
If you have displayed an outstanding academic performance both in high school as well as in Junior College i.e. your under graduate discipline, you can avail of a lucrative scholarship scheme to persuade your higher studies. You can complete your Bachelor’s degree on criminal justice from a leading on-campus university and opt for an online criminal justice master’s degree.
You can do a string of part time jobs to pay up for an online criminal justice associates program else you can secure yourself an honorary degree.
Some of the top class institutes which provide you with the best online criminal justice degree are as follows
- You can opt for an associate fellowship training program on criminal justice from the Indiana Wesleyan University.
- Florida Tech Online is an off shoot of Florida Institute of Technology. The online criminal justice curriculum is for a period of 20 months.
- Liberty University online is affiliated to the Christian University at Lynchburg, Virginia. The university has online student strength of 90,000 all over the globe.
- Campbellsville University is situated in Kentucky, which offers online programs on criminal justice.
You can apply for a prospectus from any one of the top 4 universities and gear yourself to the most enticing set of careers ahead of you.